There’s never been a better time to get online!
- Communicate with your family and friends
- Pay bills online
- Go shopping without leaving your home
- Check out your bank balance
- Monitor credit card spending
- Find new recipes
- Research family history
- Play games
- Share and store photos
- Read your favourite newspaper
- …and so much more!
Be Connected is a free Australian Government initiative helping you to get the most out of your computer, tablet or phone. You can learn at your own pace by working through interesting online modules or you can work with a volunteer tutor from your own community.
U3A Surf Coast is your local Be Connected Support Centre. Volunteer tutors will provide support and training in a way that suits you – individual help, regular classes and special workshops.
- Celebrate Seniors Week on Wednesday 9 October at a Family History Online workshop. Learn how to access family records, research Births, Deaths and Marriages, discover stories from the past, check out wills and probate documents, and maybe even find family properties from long ago. This program will take place at Kurrambee Myaring Community Centre 12 Merrijig Drive Torquay from 10.30 to 2.30. A complimentary light lunch will be provided. Bookings essential – phone 0419 578 598 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. U3A members can also log in to the U3A website and register online.
- Join our ten-week ‘Be Connected for Seniors’ program to master many useful online skills. Classes will commence at 2.30 pm on Monday 14 October at Torquay Community House, 14 Price Street Torquay. Demonstrations and activities will run from 2.30 to 3.30 each week, and there will be time before the class for you to get individual help if needed. U3A members should log in and register online. Non-members please call 0419 578 598 or email email@example.com
Click on the “Be Connected” icon below to visit the Be Connected website.